In the early 20th century, infectious diseases were the major cause of high mortality rates. Owing to anti-bacterial agents, death rates have decreased drastically. However, due to the resistance of bacteria to anti-bacterial drugs, the company developed an anti-bacterial powder coating which would be much more efficient.
Peka Chemie’s new range of anti-bacterial powder coatings are based on nanoparticles and are resistant to gram positive and negative bacteria.
About 99.9% of the bacteria are killed after 24 hours following the application of these coatings. Among the advantages of these coatings are:
- Used in the interior coating of household appliances: Inside refrigerators and water-cooled chillers where humidity leads to bacterial growth.
- Medical equipment: Widely used in hospitals and clinics to stem the infestation of bacteria. Lighting and disinfectant systems, cabinet works and beds are the major applications of antibacterial coatings.
- Household sanitary equipment: Bathroom equipment, washing machines and dishwashers, hampers and baskets.
- Kitchenware: Mixers, cooking appliances, foodstuff containers and the like.
- Shelves used to keep items: steel shelving, storage cabins